- Morning devotions at the Chapel at 9.15 AM,
- Evening devotions at the Chapel at 18.00 PM,
- Recollections on various topics of spiritual growth meeting students’ interests – every semester,
- Meetings and discussions with clergy of traditional Christian Churches about the role of the Church in the life of society,
- Theoretical seminar “Anthropology of hesychasm” in the last Thursday of each month (for both students and teachers),
- Visits to Orthodox monasteries and holy places (to Crete, Russia, Estonia etc.).
Public lecture of Cardinal Pietro Parolin, Secretary of the State of Vatican, was held in Great hall of Latvian University, May 12, 2016. Cardinal presented the Latvian edition of Encylic “Laudato si” and his visit marked 25th anniversary of the renewed diplomatic relations between Latvia and Holy See and 95th anniversary since Holy See has […]
In the December 18 eve lecturers, staff and students of the Academy gathered for prayer and fellowship at the end of the 2014. The audience was adressed by the Recytor of the Academy pro. Skaidrīte Gūtmane and fr. Andris Kravalis from the Roman Catholic Church. At the end the Christmas song “Silent night, holy night” […]
In October 31, 2013, rector of LCA prof. S.Gūtmane participated in the XII international conference “Church, Family, School” organized by the Latvian Orthodox Church and held in the Conference hall of the Riga Minicipality. The conference was opened by Metropolite of LOC Alexander and Riga city mayor N.Ušakovs; it was attended by the minister of […]
Ecology, protection of natural environment is among most serious issues today. It is widely discussed by both “green” movements and politicians alike, no wonder, that the Church has its say too. Since mid-20th century ecotheology, relationships between God the Creator and creature, is part of the “Social teaching of the Church”. Discussions were led by […]
Psalms and Church, reading of Psalms and chanting. Psalms and prayer, and praise. Recollections led by Mag.theol. M.Solovejs.