EBSCO-Information services – multidisciplinary database
Central & Eastern European Academic Source – is a research database of full-text scholarly journals published in central and eastern European countries. Recently updated to include double the full-text journal content, this multidisciplinary and multilingual database covers many subjects including business, economics, history, STEM and law. Content includes 2,000+ full-text titles (with more than 1,350 newly added full-text publications). Multilingual content represents 60 languages. Subjects include business, economics, education, humanities, history, international relations, law, literature, medicine, politics, social sciences, STEM.
ATLA Religion Database with ATLA Serials – is produced by ATLA, a membership association of collectors and connectors in religion and theology, and combines the premier indexing from Atla Religion Database® (Atla RDB®) with AtlaSerials® (Atlas®), one of Atla’s online full-text collections of major religion and theology journals. Content includes: Full-text content from more than 360 journals; More than 2.9 million records; Indexing of more than 2,375 journals, more than 1,075 of which are currently being indexed; More than 279,000 essay records, More than 980,000 review records; More than 430,000 book records.
SocIndex with Full Text – is a robust sociology research database. It provides full-text, peer-reviewed sociology journals covering many studies including gender studies, criminal justice, social psychology, racial studies, religion and social work. SocINDEX with Full Text covers a broad range of studies, including gender studies, criminal justice, social psychology, religion, racial studies and social work. Content Includes: 471 active, full-text, non-open access journals and magazines; 456 active, full-text, peer-reviewed, non-open access journals; 166 active, full-text, peer-reviewed, non-open access journals with no embargo; 365 active, full-text, non-open access journals indexed in Web of Science or Scopus.
Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection is a comprehensive database covering information concerning topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational & experimental methods. This is the world’s largest full text psychology database offering full text coverage for nearly 400 journals.
eBook Academic Collection contains a large selection of multidisciplinary e-books representing a broad range of academic subjects. The breadth of information available through this package ensures that students and scholars will have access to information relevant to their research needs. This collection includes 200,000+ titles from leading university presses such as Oxford University Press, MIT Press, State University of New York Press, Cambridge University Press, University of California Press, McGill-Queen’s University Press, Harvard University Press and many others. Additional academic publishers include Elsevier, Ashgate Publishing, Taylor & Francis, Sage Publications and John Wiley & Sons. All titles are available with unlimited user access. Subject coverage includes: art, business and economics, education, language arts and discipline, literary criticism, medical, performing arts, philosophy, poetry, political science, religion, social science, technology and engineering, other academic fields.
Video tutorials: We would also like to present short videos helping libraries to promote trial access to EBSCO databases among end users
- EBSCO Tutorials | EBSCOhost (Latvian)
- Tutorial: EBSCO Databases – remote access (English)
ECA has concluded agreements with the National Library of Latvia for the regular possibility of using databases of scientific articles.
Subscribed e-resources through the National Library of Latvia:
- Cambridge University Press – humanities and social sciences e-journal full-text database;
- Cambridge Journals Online;
- EBSCO-host – multidisciplinary database;
- Cambridge Companions Online: a collection of handbooks, information about the world’s scientists and artists;
- SCOPUS – database of multidisciplinary scientific publications of Elsevier publishing house;
- Enciclopaedia Britannica, academic edition;
- Dawsonera – an e-book platform that combines books on philosophy, IT technologies, social sciences;
- CREDO–REFERENCE – database of reference material from 70 different publishing houses;
- EMERALD – publishing house; issued books electronically;
- BiblioRossica – Academic Studies Press (Boston, USA) platform developed by the publishing house for academics and researchers, brings together important topics for the people of modern Russia and Eastern Europe;
- Latvian National Digital Library: http://gramatas.indb.lv/#allThemes
ECA has signed Memorandum with St.Ignatius of Loyola University of Applied Sciences and Klaipeda University in Lithuania on the use of scientific databases for ERASMUS+ outgoing students and teaching staff. It is Ignatius Loyola University that students and teaching staff choose for ERASMUS+ mobility, as well as the neighboring Kolpingo University of Applied Sciences, – the signed Memorandum is a valuable support for academic work during ERASMUS+ mobility.
NZDIS Natioanal Scientific Activity Information System – Register of Scientific Institutions; Register of persons elected to academic positions in scientific institutions; Latvian Sceince Council experts; Research project competitions; Database of projects and results of scientific activity; Competitions for academic positions
Research and publication databasis – Cross-departmental coordination center: The research and publication database includes state-ordered and planned studies and provides insight to the wider public about state investments in the development of specific fields and industries.
ResearchGate – open search platform with more than 35 mil articles; Social networking for scientists.
Directory of Open Access Journals – DOAJ offers free access to full texts of scientific journal articles. Articles are available in various fields of science, in various languages. Currently, more than 19,290 journals are available, of which around 13,105 journals can be searched by article titles and keywords. About 8,832,606 articles are already available in DOAJ.
Stanford University Library Publishing House HighWire Press / – offers free access to more than 1.5 million for the full texts of the articles. It is also possible to search in journals of other publishers, but access to journal articles of other publishers is limited. In total, there are more than 4 million in the database. articles from over 1000 magazines.
The EZB Electronic Journals Library – Database of journals in different languages and different industries. Full texts of articles are available for some journals.
E-journals.org – Providing links to the the worlds’ electronic journals
Elibrary.ru – Bажнейшая научная электронная библиотека России с более 30 000 журналами, более 12 миллионами статей
International Scientific Publications – Peer-reviewed open access journals
JURN – 3,000 links to selected arts & humanities e-journals. Journals listed are either free, or offer significant free content
Science Online – Leading full-text scientific database offering journal articles and book chapters from more than 2,500 journals and almost 20,000 books
SIAM Journal Online – Building cooperation between mathematics and the worlds of science and technology
Scientific Journals International (SJI)
Springer Link – Providing researchers with access to millions of scientific documents from journals, books, series, protocols and reference books
LIBER – The journal of the Association of Eurpoean research libraries
Open access databasis and dictionaries
- Academic terminology database AkadTerm2 – Latvian National Terminology Portal
- Cambridge Dictionary – English language learning dictionaries
- Options for searching terms and references in the dictionary, thesaurus, encyclopedia a.o.
- Krugosvet – Universal encyclopedia (in Russian) – History and Society; Geography; Art and Culture; Science and Technology; Health and Sports
- Britannica Online
- EUR-Lex – European Union legislation and Official Journal
- Legal information resources
- Legislation of Republic of Latvia
- The database of the Central Statistical Office of Latvia – is freely available to everyone and the data is updated regularly
- ANSE – Association of National Organisation for Supervision in Europe
- EUROFOND – A tripartite EU agency providing expertise on living and working conditions, industrial relations and managing change in Europe
- EZA – The European Centre for Workers’ Questions
- LETA – Latvian national news agency
- NAIS – Latvian normative acts information system
- Pro Quest – Library tools
- Rubicon (Role of Ubiquitin and Ubiquitin-like Modifiers in Cellular Regulation) is a “Network of Excellence”
- Wikibooks offers textbooks or modules for students of various fields and educational levels. Electronic books are open-content that anyone can edit and supplement. The book collection includes information on various fields – art, biology, business and economics, computer science, education, history, linguistics and literature, mathematics, etc. Most of the books are in English, but German and other language versions of Wikibooks are also available.
- Bibliomania – offers you to read, study and research through thousands of e-books.
- Digital Book Index – offers access to non-fiction and fiction, over 130,000 titles from over 1,800 publishers. About 90,000 of these books, texts and other documents are free
- E-books in the fields of mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, medicine, engineering, economics, geology, astronomy and philosophy in Russian.
- Business portal provides access to more than 70 electronic books in the fields of business, finance and psychology in Russian. The portal is addressed to teachers, students, as well as other interested parties. Using the electronic library is easy, all books are arranged alphabetically by author.
- Lib.Ru – Maxim Moshkov’s library has been operating since 1994 and is updated daily with new e-books, their fragments and other electronic publications. It is possible to read works by Russian authors as well as translations of works by foreign authors into Russian. Includes ancient, classic and modern literature, fiction, detective stories, children’s literature, poetry, technical descriptions, as well as materials on history, tourism, martial arts, science, culture, etc. topics. Music files and photo archive are also available
- Latvia University Academic Library
- Lithuanian Academy of Sciences Library
- Estonian National library
- Russian National Library; Russian State library
- INION Institute of Scientific Information for Public Sciences
- The European Library nodrošina vienotu pieeju daudzu Eiropas valstu nacionālo bibliotēku digitālajām kolekcijām. Pieejami seniespiedumi, periodiskie izdevumi u.c. / The European Library offers quick and easy access to the collections of the 48 National Libraries of Europe and leading European Research Libraries.