European Christian Academy has received full State and European accreditation without duration.
The Academy offers internationally assessed quality of studies in the study directions:
- “Visual Art” (Iconography, Classical painting, Classical drawing, Paleography, Calligraphy),
- “Social Welfare”.
All study directions have been assessed by the State and European accreditation experts regularly.
European Christian Academy was awarded with EC Diploma Supplement Recognition Label (DS). The Label is given to those institution of higher education which have excellent results in implementation of the ECTS and DS system. ECTS is an instrument promoting the implementation and transparency of study programmes, works for international recognition of the study results and qualification across Europe. DS is a document attached to the Diploma and it secures standardized description of the achieved result. It provides encompassing, easy-to-understand and mutually comparable information.
European Christian Academy seeks to offer excellence in education and research in its leading study programs – Social welfare, Theology and Arts. Our mission is to acknolwedge our responsibility, to devout ourselves and share interdisciplinary knowledge for the benefit of European society.
Our civic mission is aimed at creating and maintaining an appropriate open environment for discussions, quality training and research, as well as for students to start a quality future career, a successful private and working life. We consider the connection of social well-being with the European understanding of civic identity as natural, discovered in patristic anthropology and the innovative methodology of Integrative Theology. These are the cornerstones of education and research quality in ECA.
The oldest roots of understanding of human personality are a “living laboratory” and a source of inspiration for education and research. Both are founded on the kinship of knowledge, talent and ideas and connect with civil society. Thanks to this interaction and “innovation from antiquity”, ECA has become an academic institution with its own “academic face” that does not duplicate similar study programs.
We ascribe great importance to international connections by joining university networks, European Commission organizations such as the European Center for Workers’ Questions (EZA), Semaines Sociales de France, IXE-Group (Initiatives of Christians for Europe), International Diaconate Center (IDC) and other international organizations in Europe. Thanks to ECA International Support Council, which is active since 1993, ECA is able to attract the most talented teachers from all over the world and create new fields of approach.
We use innovative teaching methods in study courses whose directions are determined by research. We have an excellent team of academic staff committed to the ECA strategy.
This is reflected in the U-Multirank University Rankings 2021 – ECA was named among the 7 best universities in Latvia.
ECA students are not just statistical units – we highly value personal approach to students in the study process, our lessons and seminars are held in small groups in order to provide personal feedback and a student-oriented approach. We maintain close feedback relationship with the students.
ECA operates within the framework of the Bologna system in higher education, which significantly improves the quality of education: ECA provides higher education in accordance with the common principles of the European Higher Education Area. Degree programs have been accredited and licensed since 1998.
- Offer interdisciplinary knowledge, skills and competence about the world around us in order to build up students’ critical thinking bymulti-faceted knowledge fit for adaptation to the ever-chaning world,
- Cooperate with other universities, EC research centers, civic institutions to promote good knowledge and develop new approaches fit for professional applications,
- Work innovatively, searching answers to the ever gowing problems in the modern world,
- Benefitting from international educational and research networks and platforms we work for involvement of both students and teachers in innovative knowldge which grow from ancient anthropological traditions.
- To rediscover and promote meaningfulness and importance of the European anthropological and theological knowledge,
- Connectedness and involvement: we are aware of the importance of mutuality and solidarity when it comes to search for answers to glbal challenges. We are members of a widespread international cooperation,
- Honesty and decency is is manifested in our goals and afferts to achieve them. We act openly and independently with respect to others’ achievements and natural environment around us,
- Responsibility and initiative: we care for responsibility against students and society,
- Innovative thinking at ECA means precise understanding of the European concept of man – “innovation from antiquity”, which helps to find solutions for current social and proifessional tasks,
- Critical and open-minded view – essential for high qiuality academic environment at ECA. We use ancient ideas when fresh approach to the professional development and research are required.heological heritage of the Eastern Church Fathers, with emphasis on its anthropological approach. The heritage is recognized by all Christian Churches, whereas the East has methodologically highlighted criteria for recgonition of Truth, namely, the unity of the Word taught and practice, unity of life and spiritual experience.
Building on this foundation several study programmes are provided: Biblical art, Supervision, Social entrpreneurship. The Academy develops in several directions which are provided as certified courses and seminars upon request.
The Academy offers the following European level accredited study programmes:
- Academic bachelor study programme “Bible Art” (Iconography, Scriptology, Graphics, Drawing).
- Academic master study programme “Bible Art”,
- Academic bachelor study programme “Theology”,
- Academic master study programme “Theology”,
- Professional bachelor study programme “Caritative Social Work / Client-oriented Social work”,
- Professional master study programme “Caritative Social Work / Client-oriented Socioal work”,
- 2nd level professional higher education study programme “Social Work”,
- Professional Master study programme “Supervision in Social Work”,
- Professional Master study programme “Social Entrepreneurship Administration”.
European Christian Academy is member of ERASMUS Charter of European Universities. The Academy has signed Agreement for ERASMUS+ studies partnerships with 20 Universities across Europe.
Partners of European Christian Academy:
- CONSORTIUM FOR EDUCATIONAL INNOVATIONS IN THE BALTIC STATES,
- Israel Antiquities Authority (Israel),
- Rockefeller Museum (Israel)
- Ben-Gurion University on the Negev (Israel),
- Bethlehem University (PA),
- Interparliamentary Assembly on Orthodoxy (GR),
- Orthodox Academy of Crete (GR),
- International Social Academy (ISA) (LT),
- ECAC (European Continetal Art Centre) (NL),
- EPSIN (European Platform for Social Integration),
- EUROCS (European Organization for Civic Responsibility) (BE),
- European Association of Schools of Social Work (EASSW),
- European Social Work Research Association (ESWRA),
- European Association of Social Anthropologists (EASA),
- EZA (European Center for Workers’ Questions and Social Dialogue) (DE),
- IASSW (International Association of Schools of Social Work),
- IDC International Diaconate Center (DE),
- St. Ignatius of Loyola University of Applied Sciences (LT),
- IXE-GROUP (Initiatives of Christians for Europe) (FR),
- Jerusalem University (IL),
- KatHO (Catholic University of Applied Sciences (DE),
- Klaipeda University (LT),
- Kolpingo University of Applied Sciences (LT),
- Kaunas University of Applied Sciences (LT),
- Lapland University (FI),
- Malmo University (SE),
- The National Association for Practice of Anthropology (NAPA),
- Semaines Sociales de France (FR),
- University of Bialystok (PL),
- University of Cologne (DE),
- University of Helsinki (F),
- University of Warsaw (PL),
- VID Specialized University (NO).
Strength of the Academy lays in the following:
- Well-functioning quality culture and quality assessment system,
- Highly qualified academic staff,
- Interdisciplinary and research-based and student-oriented teaching,
- Innovation and uniqueness of the integrative theology method in research,
- Supportive, international and no-nonsense study environment,
- Studies available in Latvian, English and Russian languages,
- European Integration Study Module for students who do not come automatically with studies in European Social Agenda.