Latvian Christian academy has received an awarding ERASMUS+ “Jean Monnet Module” Plaque from EC EACEA (Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency) in May, 2017. As the following letter states, “The purpose of this plaque is twofold. It serves primarily as a label signifying quality in European integration studies and represents the achievements of your Jean Monnet Module in this field. At the same time it also provides visibility for the Jean Monnet Action, presenting it as focal point within and outside your institution for the promotion of European issues.” The Module title at Latvian Christian academy is “European Social Entrepreneurship with the Future”.
Interdisciplinarity is the key for developing good solutions in future!
Latvian Christian academy is European center for research and higher education which offers innovative ways to master modern professional knowledge without cutting off ties with spiritual roots of European Christian heritager. Our graduates work with people, run various offices and projects, and this is why professional knowledge and skills is offered along with value-oriented teaching.
Latvian Christian academy is a member of ERASMUS Universities charter; it has built wide-spread net of cooperation and students' exchange with universities in Lithuania, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Belgium, Hungary, Romania, Greece as well as with EC research centers of social issues (EZA, Semaines Social de France, IXE Group etc.). Students take advantage of ERASMUS mobility for extended studies and field works.
Latvian Christian academy offers State and European accredited academic and professional study programmes (both bachelor and master levels).
Following European developments in higher education, an international study direction accreditation was carried out at the Academy in 2012 (project „Evaluation of Higher Education programmes and Suggestions for Quality Improvement” of the European Social Fund). International team of experts unanimously agreed that „Latvian Christian Academy has developed to one of the most successful institutions providing theological, social work and art education in Latvia”.
- Study programmes (bachelor and master) "Caritative social work" were awarded with the highest mark as "sustainable",
- Study programmes (bachelor and master) "Theology" were awarded with the highest mark as "sustainable",
- Study programmes (bachelor and master) "Biblical art" were awarded with the highest mark as "sustainable",
- Study programme (master) "Social business administration" was awarded with the highest mark as "sustainable",
Strength of the Academy lays in the following:
- Well-functioning internal quality assessment system,
- Research based teaching,
- Research based final papers by students,
- Supportive study environment.