Latvian Christian Academy has received full State and European accreditation without duration.
The Academy offers internationally assessed quality of studies in the study directions: “Visual Art”, “Theology”, “Social Welfare”. All study directions have been assessed by the State and European accreditation experts in June 2013 and were awarded with the maximum duration 6 years (till 2019). Following Regulations of the Law of Higher Education, pp. 48-49 (2018) and Regulations of Cabinet of Ministers the Accreditation was prolonged till June 30, 2023.
In June 3, 2018, Latvian Christian Academy was awarded with EC Diploma Supplement Recognition Label (DS). The Label is given to those institution of higher education which have excellent results in implementation of the ECTS and DS system. ECTS is an instrument promoting the implementation and transparency of study programmes, works for international recognition of the study results and qualification across Europe. DS is a document attached to the Diploma and it secures standardized description of the achieved result. It provides encompassing, easy-to-understand and mutually comparable information.
Latvian Christian Academy has its own unique concept based on education and research, based on interdisciplinarity and innovative methodology of Integrative Theology: culture and innovations are not born in times when they are discussed. In ancient heritage they are singled out ideas and then adapted for today. Iconography and Scriptology, joined in the interdisciplinary setting with modern European integration.
European Sacred Art Heritage is accumulated in Art Study programs. Iconography and Scriptology joined in the interdisciplinary setting with modern European intetrgration.
Acquisition of the European Sacred Art Heritage is fundamental not only for studies in Theology programme, it has helped to articulate unique concept of Caritative social work at the Academy. “From the academic perspective it would be dishonest to ignore rich experience in social ministry accumulated by the Christian Church stemming from Incarnation of Christ as True Man and True God,” says analyst of social work development, prof. N.Wolterstorff (Yale University, USA).
Theological heritage of the Eastern Church Fathers, with emphasis on its anthropological approach. The heritage is recognized by all Christian Churches, whereas the East has methodologically highlighted criteria for recgonition of Truth, namely, the unity of the Word taught and practice, unity of life and spiritual experience.
At the same time Latvian Christian Academy is open for creative, meaningful dialogue with all communities and institutions which agree with foundations of the Church.
Following the initiative of Latvian Christian Academy profession of Caritative social work was legally recognized in Latvia. Students of the Programme undergo curriculum on both Bachelor and Master levels.
Building on this foundation several study programmes are provided: Biblical art, Supervision, Social entrpreneurship. The Academy develops in several directions which are provided as certified courses and seminars upon request.
The Academy offers the following European level accredited study programmes:
- Academic bachelor study programme “Bible Art” (Iconography, Scriptology, Graphics, Drawing).
- Academic master study programme “Bible Art”,
- Academic bachelor study programme “Theology”,
- Academic master study programme “Theology”,
- Professional bachelor study programme “Caritative Social Work”,
- Professional master study programme “Caritative Social Work”,
- 2nd level professional higher education study programme “Social Work”,
- Professional Master study programme “Supervision in Social Work”,
- Professional Master study programme “Social Business Administration”.
Latvian Christian Academy is member of ERASMUS Charter of Higher Education.
Latvian Christian Academy has signed Agreement for ERASMUS+ studies partnerships with Universities abroad across Europe.
Strength of the Academy lays in the following:
- Well-functioning quality culture and quality assessment system,
- Highly qualified academic staff,
- Interdisciplinary and research-based and student-oriented teaching,
- Innovation and uniqueness of the integrative theology method in research,
- Supportive, international and no-nonsense study environment,
- Studies available in Latvian, English and Russian languages,
- European Integration Study Module for students who do not come automatically with studies in European Social Agenda.